Leading Turkish utility company digitalises operations with Panasonic TOUGHBOOK tablets
Turkish electricity company Dicle Elektrik adopts fully-rugged TOUGHBOOK tablets to improve processes for its field workers in the most challenging conditions.
BRACKNELL, UK. 24th March 2020 – Dicle Elektrik, the Turkish electricity provider, has equipped its field service workers with approximately 1,500 TOUGHBOOK M1 devices to increase its service quality and improve processes.
Dicle Elektrik field workers adopt TOUGHBOOK M1 tablets
Dicle Elektrik supplies electricity throughout the Southeastern part of Turkey, the ancient lands of Mesopotamia, Diyarbakır, Şanlıurfa, Mardin, Siirt, Şırnak and Batman. It serves more than 1.8 million subscribers in this area, which covers more than 60,000 km².
Dicle Elektrik teamed up with Panasonic to automate operations and manage its field operations more effectively. The TOUGHBOOK M1 tablets are also used in important areas such as power theft control and maintenance repair.
Dicle Elektrik aims to increase customer satisfaction
With Dicle Elektrik teams conducting field operations in six cities and across difficult terrain, efficiency and accuracy in timely data entry and transparency of transactions are critical to the field operations. With the TOUGHBOOK M1, Dicle Elektrik field workers can instantly store field data on their systems, organise documents with data obtained in the field and store them securely in digital archives. While field teams perform the tasks assigned to them online, they can also receive assistance from the central support teams through improved connectivity. The field teams can also perform inventory and asset management via the mobile application. Additionally, the GPS feature on the tablets provides instant tracking of the teams’ positions and the map showing the network infrastructure provides more information for the field teams about their tasks.
Consistent performance all day
Dicle Elektrik chose the TOUGHBOOK M1 tablet for its resistance to drop from heights of up to 180cm, ability to operate at temperatures ranging from -29 to +60 degrees, and protection against dust and water at IP65. With a screen that is easily readable in direct sunlight and operational when wearing gloves, versatile operation and critical connectivity options, the TOUGHBOOK M1 does not compromise on performance even in the most demanding conditions. Thanks to its high capacity batteries with long-life and hot swap features, field teams with a wide region to serve and a busy work pace can easily continue their work without interruption all day long.
Dicle Elektrik’s Head of Technology and Human Resources, Kürşad Karaman, said: “With the aim of providing high quality and uninterrupted energy, we have partnered with Panasonic to ensure that all field operations are fully digital and mobile. We completed our project in four stages with our team and started to use TOUGHBOOK M1 devices and mobile applications developed for field management. With the completion of the digital transformation of our field operations, all work orders are now managed through a central structure.”
A video detailing the story can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=25&v=JWy2-fA4FsE&feature=emb_logo.
The Amber Group
+44 (0)118 949 7737
About Panasonic System Communications Company Europe (PSCEU)
Our quest is to make technology work invisibly together and free businesses to succeed. We believe technology should just work. That businesses will succeed if they can simply focus on their customers, in the knowledge that all the technologies delivering their capabilities work together. That is why we are dedicated to developing products and solutions that are so integrated with our customer’s way of working, that they are almost invisible – the workhorse in the background that powers business success.
PSCEU is made up of six product categories:
- Broadcast & ProAV gives you the freedom to tell the story with its high quality products and solutions, which ensure smooth operation and excellent cost-performance across a range of remote cameras, switchers, studio cameras and ENG P2HD. The cinema camera range of VariCam models and the EVA1 are capable of true 4K and High Dynamic Range (HDR) making them the ideal solution for cinema, television, documentary and live event production.
- Communication Solutions offers world leading telephony systems, SIP terminal devices and professional ‘network’ scanners giving you the freedom to focus on the communication and not the connection.
- Mobile Solutions Business Division helps mobile workers improve productivity with its range of Toughbook rugged notebooks, business tablets, handhelds and electronic point of sales (EPOS) systems. As European market leaders, Panasonic had a 48% revenue share of sales of rugged and durable notebooks and tablets in 2018 (VDC Research, March 2019).
- Industrial Medical Vision manufactures applications for various segments such as medical, life science, ProAV or industrial. The product portfolio includes complete and OEM camera systems, providing the freedom to see what can’t be seen.
- Security Solutions, built on a heritage of providing evidential quality CCTV footage. Delivering the highest image quality in all environmental conditions using our highly reliable, advanced technology cameras and image recording systems, giving you the freedom to feel secure.
- Visual System Solutions offers the widest range of professional displays and projectors and allows Audio Visual professionals the freedom to create. It leads the European high brightness projector market with a 32.8% market revenue share (Futuresource B2B laser projection>5klm CY2019, Q3 Western & Eastern Europe).
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development of diverse electronics technologies and solutions for customers in the consumer electronics, housing, automotive, and B2B businesses. The company, which celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2018, has expanded globally and now operates 582 subsidiaries and 87 associated companies worldwide, recording consolidated net sales of Euro 62.5 billion for the year ended March 31, 2019. Committed to pursuing new value through innovation across divisional lines, the company uses its technologies to create a better life and a better world for its customers. To learn more about Panasonic: https://www.panasonic.com/global